Teen training is a great way to introduce teenagers aged 14 and over to exercising in a gym environment.
If you are a teenager who has used a gym before or you want to start exercising for the first time, we can help you get the most out of fitness training. You will be taught how to use a variety of cardiovascular and resistant equipment in a safe, effective and friendly way!
Teen Training Session Times:
Monday to Friday 15.30 - 16.30
Weekends 14.00 - 15.00
Each of the Teen Training Work-out Cards are designed to last approximately 55 minutes. Spaces are limited to 15 people per session, so pre-booking is recommended.
Teen Training Session Prices:
1 session - £2.50
10 sessions - £20.00
Teen Training Information
Booking teen training sessions:
Teen training users can book for a gym session up to 7 days in advance and payment is taken once the booking has been made. Spaces are limited to so pre-booking is recommended.
What to expect on your first teen training session:
- You and your parent / carer will need to read and sign the user guide.
- You will complete a Health PAR-Q Questionnaire to ensure that you have no medical history that may affect your work out and help us establish what your goals are.
- You will be asked to select a Work-out Card and be shown how to use the equipment on this Card.
- You will then be left to complete your work out. Advice and help is available throughout the session. You should never try to use a piece of equipment that you have not been shown how to use as you may end up hurting yourself or damaging the equipment.
- 10 minutes before the end of each session all teen training participants will be asked to congregate on the floor mats for stretching session.
- Once you have finished your workout you will be issued with a Junior Gym User Card that shows that you are authorised to participate in teen training sessions. This must be presented when booking any future sessions.
What to do on your teen training sessions:
Upon your arrival you should report to reception and sign in. You should not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your session. You will be required to leave the gym at the end of the allocated time slot.
You can select a Work-out Card and commence your work out. If you wish to use an exercise machine that you haven't used before, please inform a member of staff who will demonstrate how to use the piece of equipment.
Teen training sessions etiquette:
- The Work-out Cards issued with each teen training session must be adhered to. Do not attempt to use any equipment that you have not been shown how to use by a member of staff
- Our staff have the right to ask anyone to leave the session if misuse or abuse of the equipment is apparent.
- You are not permitted to use the free weights unless correct instruction has been given.
- Please wear appropriate fitness clothing and ensure that you wear clean trainers when using the gym.
- Please bring a small hand towel to wipe over the equipment once used.
- We recommend that you bring a water bottle with you, it is important to stay hydrated at all times.
- Consideration must be shown to other users and / or Melbourn Sports Centre staff. Rude or abusive language or the threat of violence will not be tolerated.
- Anyone discovered causing wilful damage to property will be banned from the facility and may be subjected to criminal proceedings.
Our teen training duty of care:
Children aged 14 years or over do not need to be escorted to the teen training sessions by their parent / carer and will be allowed to enter the facilities unaccompanied. However, until they have reached their activity they are still the responsibility of their parent / carer. At the end of the activity children become the parents / carers responsibility and may leave the designated area unaccompanied.
Our staff members reserve the right to remove any child / children from a course / activity, should their behaviour become unacceptable.
Any change to the details provided on the Health PAR-Q Questionnaire are the responsibility of the parent / carer and should be notified to Melbourn Sports Centre staff as soon as possible.