Be Active Melbourn Ltd are currently looking to employ a trainee/apprentice Duty Manager and Fitness Suite Supervisor for our friendly leisure facility on Melbourn Village College grounds.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to get into this exciting industry, as it provides full training and UK qualifications, including:
· National Pool Lifeguard qualification
· Level 2 Gym/Fitness qualification
· Level 3 Gym/Personal Trainer qualification
· Pool Plant Operators certificate
· Exercise Referral qualification (former GP Referral scheme)
· Relevant coaching qualifications if applicable (including swim teacher, AquaFit teacher)
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our Fitness Suite/Gym team, but will also help with the rest of centre activities including swimming pool, dryside activities, outdoor courts and new Astro-Turf pitch along with holiday initiatives such as PlayScheme. They will also be responsible for the efficient running of the sports centre when on operational shifts, ensuring a safe, clean and pleasant experience for members of the public and operational staff.
Salary will be dependant upon experience and industry qualifications, although as this is primarily an apprenticeship role, all necessary training will be funded for you.
Other benefits of being a part of the MSC team include free use of Fitness Suite, free use of swimming pool and any other courts etc, provision of appropriate logo uniform, company pension scheme, sick pay and holiday pay.
This post is subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks.
- A friendly, enthusiastic personality with a willingness to learn
- The ability to use your initiative and work as part of a team
- Experience of working in a leisure facility or working with members of the public is desirable but not essential
- Having a current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard certificate and a Swim Teaching Certificate is also desirable but not essential
Weekly Hours: Approx. 37.5 hours
Shift Pattern: Various Shifts (Early, Evenings and Weekends)
For more information on the above role or to apply then please contact Graham Johnson-Mack: email@example.com / 01763 263313