melbourn sports centre membership terms and conditions
All members must abide by these rules otherwise membership may be withdrawn. Melbourn Sports Centre reserve the right to change these from time to time in which cases notices will be displayed throughout the building.
1. Every member will receive a membership card which must be shown at reception on every visit. Replacement cards may be subject to a administration fee. The membership card remains the property of Melbourn Sports Centre.
2. The membership is not transferable and must only be used by the registered member. Any misuse of the membership will result in the membership being cancelled.
3. The membership card entitles the user to the benefits associated with the membership level purchased.
4. The membership category can be changed once a year free of charge. More frequent changes are allowed at an additional admin charge.
5. The management of Melbourn Sports Centre reserve the right to cancel any membership in breech of rules or conduct which in the view of the management of Melbourn Sports Centre is offensive to customers and / or staff or represents a health and safety danger.
6. Individual memberships may be frozen for a period of 3 months on the production of a valid medical certificate. Other reasons may be considered at the discretion of the management of Melbourn Sports Centre Ltd.
7. Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted access to the fitness gym. Children aged 14-16 years may access the gym during 'Teen' programmed activities.
8. All users must have received a full induction into the use of the equipment prior to using the facilities. Records of these will be kept on site and a copy given to each customer for their own records.
9. All users should dress appropriately at all times, which must include shirts / vests.
10. During busy periods use of the cardiovascular equipment is limited to 15 minutes on any one piece of equipment.
11. Members are advised to bring a sweat towel and a water bottle to ensure sufficient fluid is consumed.
12. Members must wipe down machines after use.
13. Children under the age of 8 years and non swimmers must be accompanied in the swimming pool at all times by a competent adult (16 years and over) at a ratio of 1:2 during public swims and 1:1 during Krazy Kids sessions.
14. Appropriate swimming attire must be worn at all times in the swimming pool area and in communal changing areas.
15. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
16. Please leave all personal belongings in lockers provided.
17. Please read and observe the notices displayed in the swimming pool area.
18. All swimmers must adhere to the requests of the pool lifeguard.
19. Do not enter the pool area if the lifeguard is not present.
20. Diving is not permitted anywhere in the pool.
21. All lost property is kept for a period of 6 weeks before being disposed of.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
22. Smoking is not permitted on the Melbourn Village College site.
23. All customers must inform staff of any medical condition which may affect their use of the facilities.
24. Whilst using the facilities all members are responsible for their own health.
25. Melbourn Sports Centre Ltd liability for loss or damage to property or person is limited to any damage or loss suffered as a direct result of negligence of Melbourn Sports Centre Ltd.
26. No pets are allowed into the facilities with the exception of Guide Dogs.
27. Lockers should be used for the storage of personal items at all times. MCS Ltd is not liable for the loss or theft of any personal belongings. For security reasons and for the benefit of all members, all lockers must be emptied at the end of each session. All lockers will be checked and emptied at the end of each day. Any items found will be disposed of immediately.
OPENING HOURS - GENERAL
28. Melbourn Sports Centre Ltd may from time to time withdraw use of all or any part of the facilities where and when it is deemed necessary for repair, maintenance, alteration, alternative use or for safety reasons.
29. Off peak is Monday - Friday 9am-5pm, weekends and Bank Holidays (some timetable restrictions may apply)
30. The opening times may be changed from time to time. A minimum of 1 months warning will be provided to customers and will be advertised within the facility as a minimum.
31. All opening times are subject to timetables that may affect usage of a specific facility.
32. Cars must be parked correctly in the car park paying due to attention to priority spaces for disabled users and the safety of Village College students. No liability is accepted for loss or damage to cars or property and are left solely at the owners risk.
33. No illegal gaming and betting shall be allowed in Melbourn Sports Centre facilities or Melbourn Village College premises.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
34. Bronze membership is a one off payment and as such can not be cancelled once purchased.
35. Gold and Silver memberships are paid monthly in advance and can be cancelled with one months written notice.
36. Membership cards must be returned to Melbourn Sports Centre when your notice is given.
37. Please see separate leaflet for courses booking conditions.
38. Classes can be booked up to 7 days in advance. Customers who have gold or silver option, which includes classes, can be booked by telephone or in person. Members who fail to attend pre-booked activities will be charged the full casual rate for the activity concerned. Customers with a gold or silver card that does not include pre payment for classes or bronze card holders can book up to 7 days in advance in person with full payment only. All other customers may book up to 5 days in advance in person with full payment only. Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance in which case a refund will be offered excluding gold / silver option.
All new users are required to complete an induction with one of our qualified instructors. This is regardless of whether you have used a gym before, as it is needed for Health and Safety and insurance requirements. If you choose a silver or gold membership you will be entitled to a series of appointments to ensure that you get the most from your membership.
Fitness Assessment and exercise programme tailored to meet your personal aims.
Programme review. You will be offered regular reviews at three monthly intervals or less. Please be aware that this is only an indication of how many times you would like to review your programme, some customers may need more appointments in which case this will be arranged at no extra cost.