At Melbourn Sports Centre we believe in helping everyone have confidence in the water. Swimming is an excellent way to stay healthy and is often a starting point for other water activities.
We firmly believe in offering quality swimming tuition so all of our swimming lessons are carefully structured within a comprehensive syllabus focused on helping you, or your child, to improve water skills and levels of water confidence.
Make sure that your swimwear fits as baggy swimwear can cause excess drag.
Wear a swim cap as this will improve body position which in turn will help you swim faster.
Wear goggles as good fitting goggles can help to build confidence of putting your face into the water.
- Check that your child has used the toilet and blown their nose before entering the pool.
- All swimmers are encouraged to shower before entering the water.
- Long hair should be tied back and swim hats to be worn.
- Please refrain from swimming if you have the following conditions:
contagious diseases such as measles, ear infections, open wounds, coughs and colds.
- No outdoor footwear to be worn on the pool side.
- No spectators are allowed onto pool side, unless special permission has been granted.
- Jewellery should not be worn during lessons. This can be a danger not only to your child, but also to others around them.
- Please make sure that your child is wearing a swimming hat and all hair is tucked inside the hat.
- During programmed sessions (e.g. full time lessons, pre-school lessons, swimming taster sessions and crash courses and any ad-hoc holiday courses - excluding play scheme), it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to make sure that their child aged under 8 is suitably supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times. This includes during their lessons too, just in case the child needs to leave the pool for any reason or we have an incident which would require parental assistance.
- We also encourage all parents or guardians of children aged over 8 to stay on site whilst their children are having their lessons in case the child needs to leave the pool for any reason or we have an incident which would require parental assistance.
- Parents/Guardians wishing to leave the facility should make reception aware they are leaving the premises and a contact mobile number must be provided.
- Parents wishing to watch their child from the viewing area must adhere to the following rules:-
• No mobile phones or cameras to be used in the viewing area or changing rooms; absolutely no photography is allowed.
• Please do not encourage your child to wave, talk or take instruction from you. Their concentration and attention is vital in the water.
• Please keep the noise level to a minimum.